National Sports Day 2023: National Sports Day is observed annually on August 29 to honour Major Dhyan Chand, the legendary hockey player. The day is significant for the nation since it inspires people to participate in sports and maintain a healthy lifestyle. On this day, numerous sporting competitions and events take place nationwide, and athletes are recognised with trophies for their accomplishments.
The purpose of the day is to promote sportsmanship, perseverance, discipline, and teamwork among the general public and to encourage more people to get involved in sports and make it a significant part of their life. In India, National Sports Day was first included to the calendar of holidays in 2012. Here are some quotes, wishes, and messages for National Sports Day.
National sports day 2023: Quotes
- It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up—Muhammed Ali
- My philosophy is to not be scared of anyone. If I play well, great; if I don’t, I learn from the match and move on—Saina Nehwal
- Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion,”—Michael Jordan
- If you don’t execute on your plans, then you don’t reach anywhere—Sachin Tendulkar
- It is important to understand that if you do fall, it’s important for you to get right back up again—Sachin Tendulkar
- I feel that schools and corporates should help the government with popularising sports in the country. Blaming the government for every sporting debacle will not be fair—Viswanathan Anand
National sports day 2023: Wishes
Sending my best wishes on National Sports Day for a day of teamwork, dedication, and unforgettable achievements.
Happy National Sports Day 2023! May your passion for sports continue to fuel your success.
On this special day, let’s celebrate the spirit of sportsmanship and the joy of competing. Happy National Sports Day 2023!
Wishing all athletes a day of record-breaking performances and a lifetime of health and happiness.
Cheers to the athletes who give their all and inspire us every day. Have a fantastic National Sports Day 2023!
May the thrill of the game and the camaraderie among athletes make this National Sports Day truly memorable.
One the occasion of National Sports Day 2023, Anush Agarwalla, India’s Emerging International Equestrian Star shared with Team OpEd,
On National Sports Day, as an athlete, I embraced the fire within, propelling me towards victory. With every stride, I seize control of my destiny, converting aspirations into achievements. Today, I gallop towards making my dreams a glorious reality, fueled by the power of the Asian Games. Together, we soar, leaving an indelible mark on the world, as we celebrate the relentless pursuit of excellence.