Navigating the Cryptocurrency Market: Over 10 crore Indians, according to a recent news article, are cryptocurrency owners. Cryptocurrency trading is nevertheless rife with dangers and hazards, much like trading in stocks and commodities. Some of the strategies for every investor in cryptocurrency are:
1. HODLing: Consider the Long Term
The most well-known bitcoin investment tactic is arguably “HODLing.” It all began with a typo in a post on a Bitcoin forum when “HOLD” was inadvertently misspelled as “HODL.” Now, long-term investors repeat it as a mantra. This is how it goes:
- Buy and Hold: HODLers buy cryptocurrencies and hold onto them for a lengthy period of time, typically years, not giving any thought to short-term price fluctuations.
- Risk management: They don’t worry about daily price fluctuations since they have a long-term outlook on the assets they have picked.
- Avoiding FOMO and FUD: HODLers avoid making decisions out of “Fear of Missing Out” (FOMO) or “Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt” (FUD)-based emotions.
- Diversify: To lower risk, some HODLers distribute their savings over a variety of cryptocurrencies
2. A Better Bet: Dollar-Cost Averaging
Dollar-Cost Averaging is similar to investing steadily and consistently without worrying about price fluctuations. This is how it goes:
- Consistency: Investors consistently invest a set sum of money into cryptocurrencies on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Less Timing Stress: Because DCA spreads out your purchases across time, it prevents you from making a large investment while prices are at their highest.
- Long-Term Thinking: People that have a long-term perspective frequently choose DCA.
3. Riding the Waves in Swing Trading
It’s a little busier when swing trading. It’s comparable to trying to catch waves at sea. What you should do is:
Swing traders utilize charts and technical information to determine when to enter and exit the market.
- Risk management: They place “stop-loss” orders to reduce possible losses.
- Market Monitoring: Continuously monitoring news and social media for market updates.
- Regular Trading: Swing traders may execute a number of deals in a given week or month.
4. Lightning-Fast Trades: Scalping
Swing trading is not as active as scalping. It resembles trading with lightning speed. Here are the details:
- High Frequency: Scalpers engage in a large number of trades every day.
They only maintain their postures for a few seconds to a few minutes.
- Complex Tools: They frequently employ sophisticated trading tools and algorithms.
(ALSO READ: Best Time to Invest in Real Estate )
5. Exploring the Fundamentals: Finding Treasure
In fundamental analysis, the fundamental value of a cryptocurrency is examined. Consider it as a treasure hunt. What’s in it is as follows:
- Research: Investors conduct in-depth analysis of the cryptocurrency project, looking at the staff, partnerships, and future goals in the whitepapers.
- Value Hunting: They look for undervalued assets with room for long-term growth.
- Long-Term Focus: Fundamental analysts frequently analyze their investments from a “big picture” perspective.
Roshan Aslam, Co-founder & CEO, GoSats suggests, ”Exercise cautious while thinking about investing in cryptocurrencies. Never invest more money than you can afford to lose because the market is erratic and might cause unexpected losses. Since they are the most well-known and renowned cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum are safer options for long-term investments. Allocate a modest amount of your funds to other crypto assets in order to diversify your portfolio or investigate fresh chances. The exciting world of cryptocurrency investing can be entered with a minimal amount of risk and potential for growth thanks to this well-balanced strategy. Always exercise caution and moderation when navigating this complex financial environment.”
He added “Given their established significance, Bitcoin and Ethereum should be prioritised in a well-rounded crypto investment portfolio. The largest portion should be made up of Bitcoin, the dominant asset, with Ethereum following closely behind. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and airdropped tokens should be treated with caution because they frequently involve greater risks. Before making investments in the vast world of crypto assets, it is crucial to thoroughly investigate the development team and know the technical foundations of any crypto project. In order to navigate the cryptocurrency environment responsibly and avoid potential pitfalls, this strategy emphasises the importance of due diligence and well-informed decision-making.”